Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

OS GT-15cc Gas Engine, Wins Innovation of the Year from M.A.N.

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by Bartman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

Model Airplane News recently announced their Readers' Choice and Innovation of the Year awards.

OS Engines won for their new GT-15 gasoline engine.....

upload_2015-8-19_22-39-7.png

For more information about this award-winning product visit the O.S. web page at osengines.com.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  2. Cool! :way_to_go:

3. And the award to the highest bidder is ........

Not saying it is a good or bad engine or anything in between but I put little faith in MAN reports these days. It was once a great magazine but since I let my subscription lapse, I haven't missed it. For the most part it just seems like nothing but one big paid advertisement.

49dimes likes this.
  4. Bartman

nevertheless it's pretty cool that OS designed a gas engine that uses a glow plug and, as a result, is very light and powerful. pretty trick if you ask me.

fwiw, it was in a press release from Hobbico and I thought it was cool enough to pass it along to you guys.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Jetpainter and combat chicken like this.
  5. I agree and didn't mean to be too hard on OS. Just picking on MAN a bit.

6. Bartman

no problem, i figured that :)

7. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

That's pretty cool. I'd like to see that in action.

8. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

The technology is quite old. Circa 1930's. Enya should get the credit for making the technology viable to RC. OS was able to capitalize with a glow plug that does not need a special compound in the oil to keep it hot. So their glow plug should be the product of innovation. Just my 2 cents. And I agree with @Truckracer about MAN.

9. Bart, yo ugot my vote for innovative thread of the year with this one. ;)

49dimes likes this.
  10. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I abandoned MAN years ago. It should be a free publication with all those ads.

49dimes likes this.