• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Passing of a good friend

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
Just finished charging one battery took 2960 mA the other one took 3020 mA there only at 3000 mA battery. The motor look salvageable needs a new cylinder on one side and a new front hub but the crank is straight. 6 of the 13 servos are completely shot. Headers and canisters are completely destroyed. The landing gear did survive. I normally have a routine of only flying airplanes three times then charging, was having such a good time that I just forgot. But it is just part of the hobby. Definitely learned a lesson. I don't know what I'm going to replace the plane with I've been looking at a bunch of options.

Last edited:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Just finished charging one battery took 2960 mA the other one took 3020 mA there only at 3000 mA battery. The motor look salvageable needs a new cylinder on one side and a new front hub but the crank this straight. 6 of the 13 servos are completely shot. Headers and canisters are completely destroyed. The landing gear did survive. I normally have a routine of only flying airplane three times then charging just was having such a good time that I just forgot. But it is just part of the hobby. Definitely learned a lesson. I don't know what I'm going to replace the plane with I've been looking at a bunch of options.

I'm taking it that low or dead batteries were the cause/problem?

Yep, he ran out of electrons. Ironic thing is, we were talking about the ama rules posted at the field and they had 'em for control line and free flight too. A guy said we could eliminate the control line and free flight rules! I hope Joe doesn't try free flight whith any more of his bigguns, that one obviously didn't work out so well.

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
Yep, he ran out of electrons. Ironic thing is, we were talking about the ama rules posted at the field and they had 'em for control line and free flight too. A guy said we could eliminate the control line and free flight rules! I hope Joe doesn't try free flight whith any more of his bigguns, that one obviously didn't work out so well.

Maybe I would've done better with strings attached.

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
image.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
P A U.......Piled Another Un-forgettable.

And of course it had to be the EDGE! Always remember her in "Peace". Not "pieces"

It sucks your motor got wacked too! Crashes always SUCK!