• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

I'm waiting for the release of the PAU 35cc Edge 540T. It is suppose to be available this fall. There are a couple of videos at the PAU website of this bird flying with a VVRC 40 twin in the nose. Exactly my choice for this plane. Bring it on PAU. I'm already putting away funds for this airframe.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
If you can't get the vv 40 the dle 35ra rocks too. A lot of people are waiting for that little edge. I do have to say that after flying the 100cc edge, I don't think I will ever be able to go back down to the smaller sizes. I am spoiled.

I understand how you can be spoiled by the larger birds. Lack of funds disallows myself to own the large airframes. After owning a 450 size heli I bought a Trex 550. The 550 is far more stable. Last night I went to the VVRC site and can no longer find the 40 twin. I really hope they have not discontinued it. The PAU Edge 35cc is perfect for me right now. If you are reading this Herve, thanx big time for adding this plane.

Alky6

150cc
The VVRC 40 will still be available. Spoke with Tom, they have found a new manufacturer for the cranks. He has a lot of back orders. Expect it should be back up when they get enough stock back in and engines assembled ready to go.

Tom sent me an email today to let me know that they expecting to have the 40 twin available in about a month or before. It was mentioned here that the DLE 35 would be a good choice. I have 2 reasons why I disagree. #1 DLE is now exclusive with Hobbico Distribution and service. Vendors are dropping the DLE line because of this. #2 Single cylinder engines are more prone to vibration. I have a 23 cc single that vibrates my plane like a paint shaker. Balancing a Xoar laminated only reduced the vibration about 40%. Thanx Alky6 for the info.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Tom sent me an email today to let me know that they expecting to have the 40 twin available in about a month or before. It was mentioned here that the DLE 35 would be a good choice. I have 2 reasons why I disagree. #1 DLE is now exclusive with Hobbico Distribution and service. Vendors are dropping the DLE line because of this. #2 Single cylinder engines are more prone to vibration. I have a 23 cc single that vibrates my plane like a paint shaker. Balancing a Xoar laminated only reduced the vibration about 40%. Thanx Alky6 for the info.
I had a dle 30 that shook bad. I bought a vv 40 twin and at idle there is virtually no vibration. I have that 40 in my hempel 25 cub. My buddy has the same plane in a different color and he has a dle 35ra and it doesn't shake nearly as bad as the dle 30 did. It is not as smooth as the vv40 but it is quieter. He actually has higher rpms than the 40 but swings a smaller prop so that is a wash. Our planes perform almost identically. If the vv 40 twins were not available I would consider the 35 is all I am saying. Hopefully the vv 40 comes back in force.

Dan767

70cc twin V2
20150916_180902.jpg
My Extra, graphics from B&E added.