• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

Bipeguy03

150cc
Well, yesterday @Tseres and I met up in Celina Ohio at a Giant Scale event, but the parking lot was basically a swamp and we were worried that we'd get our trucks and trailers hung up, so I followed him back to his home field in Converse Indiana and we had our own little fly-in.

Actually, I think it was more fun! And bonus, it was a mini PAU gathering ;)

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

Last edited:
Not a PAU owner as yet but plan to be soon and inclined towards the 35% edge. Am interested to know if there is any difference in flying characteristics between the 540 and 540T. Looks wise I prefer the 540T to be honest but want the opinion of you guys who have flown/owned both.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Only difference is the canopy shell. One is a single seat, other is a two seater just like the real ones:way_to_go:. Edges are inherently stable and predictable with their wing shape. This is in both flying and full stall modes of flying. I am building the single seat version but am thinking about converting it to a "T" this Winter and also glassing the canopy deck and adding a little custom ghost flame job.

Better get one while they are in stock, since XFC I think they were flying out the door last I heard. I started a build thread on mine but it will continue in a week or so.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Not a PAU owner as yet but plan to be soon and inclined towards the 35% edge. Am interested to know if there is any difference in flying characteristics between the 540 and 540T. Looks wise I prefer the 540T to be honest but want the opinion of you guys who have flown/owned both.

You won't be disappointed with either one! :D

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
540 SS.png
540T.png
There is actually very little difference in flight characteristics, because the dimensions are very similar in lateral surface.
The 540T has a longer canopy, but a shorter turtle deck
The 540 Single seat has a shorter canopy, but a longer turtle deck

I remember seeing that flight in person at Nall that Herve posted and just watching in amazement!! Matter of fact I went home and started accumulating parts and ordered an ultimate for myself the following Spring! I did not know what to expect. There are a couple of tips that @Astrohog shared with me that made the wire attachment super easy and made the setup at the field only take a few minutes. On my first flight I was a hair too nose heavy so this is my second flight being just "average joe stick banger". My opinion is that it has amazing wing area, it has amazing side area and a huge rudder. All this makes it solid and extremely agile. Being bipe it does take a little knife edge mixing which actually was not bad for a bipe. Just looked at I had Rudder to aileron 4% both directions and rudder to elevator 3% both directions for hands free knife edge. That's better than most aerobatic single wing planes! Inverted harrier is a blast, I even did one on the deck towards the end of my second flight before I reminded myself it was the second flight!!:mario-banana:

I just watched your Ultimate vid. Nice flying. I dig bipes. I am partial to the Pitts Model 12. I would love to see Herve offer an M12. It would no doubt be the best flying M12 on the market. I'm holding out for the 30-35cc Edge 540 T that is going to be available this fall. I plan to install the VVRC 40 twin. I really like the classy graphix on a PAU. Not a plane covered with product stickers. Thanks for the vid.