• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Damn the luck. Hope you weren’t hurt?

Dang Kelly... you ok? The Toy can be repaired, you maybe not so much. Sorry about your accident. Maybe we can just buy lots of rattle can paint and make the Toy look new again?!?!
View attachment 104058

Sorry to hear that the only thing is are you ok. The car can be fixed.

I'm fine and thanks fellas. The only thing hurt (besides my van) was my ego. The speed was only about 20-25mph in bumper to bumper traffic. And impact speed was probably less than 10mph because my air bag did not deploy. I was amazed and shocked how these newer vehicles fold up though :eek:.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
:eek: No room in that "accordion" for sure !

Need a BIG TRUCK Attorney for that:big_yes: Well...at least the surviving family members do.
Yikes, first time I saw this photo, I didn't see it. Now I do. Blood dripping out the forward area of the door down to the painted white stripe on the road. Yuk... rather goolish.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Meanwhile, back at the Epley hangar and the Pilot RC Extra 330sc recover and restoration project. Time to get sanding on that cowl.

15301484519839174425036019928946.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sanding basecoat before clear can radically change the color.
That is pretty much how I understood it. Richard at Wings West instructed me last year with the Pitts to determine the color with coats. Once the close color is achieved, leave it be until the clear coat. Once the clear is on, it will bring the final color into contrast. I know next to nothing about paint. But if I can achieve the results I have with the Pitts and most recently the Behemoth Yak canopy, then that says a lot about the paint process and overall quality of the paint.

Here is a reminder from the past that keeps me going on the 330.

20170514_094314.jpg 20170514_094306.jpg

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yikes, first time I saw this photo, I didn't see it. Now I do. Blood dripping out the forward area of the door down to the painted white stripe on the road. Yuk... rather goolish.

OMG! I think your right. It looks as if you can make out a body in an air bag too! Poor soul :(. Was that an SUV ? Looks as if it once was. I don't even want to joke about it now. Poor soul indeed.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
OMG! I think your right. It looks as if you can make out a body in an air bag too! Poor soul :(. Was that an SUV ? Looks as if it once was. I don't even want to joke about it now. Poor soul indeed.
Sadly, it is/was a Chevrolet Silverado. Don't quote me, but I believe '09.