Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by stangflyer, Nov 28, 2017.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Richard and Kevin over at Wings West make up some mean (paint) brew. That's the color the big 330 is. Ultracoate Apple Green. And seriously speaking... about 29 dolla git ya can. (Really not kidding on this one) That's including the shipping... roughly.

And I mean... your call. I myself like the caaaban fiba look. But paint is cool too.

49dimes likes this.
  2. Perfect fix! Now I can sleep. That extra hole has been keeping me awake.
    :D

3. stangflyer

Umm... ya. Me too.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  4. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

:LOL_gif:

5. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Thanks for the info Rob. But I am still undecided. The CF look does look nice. That's why I did not paint the spinner. I need to learn NOT to fix things that aren't broke :lol2:.

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  6. stangflyer

Give me a big hammer... I can help. Hee hee

49dimes likes this.
  7. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Uhm....Thanks but no thanks :shake: .

stangflyer likes this.
  8. stangflyer

Not a real happy camper tonight. I worked feverishly to get the cowl halves prepped and masked off and ready for paint. Unfortunately I do not have a paint booth so all my painting is done out doors. I was up against the clock and time was running out before darkness fell. Not to mention the wind has been atrocious this year. 22 mph today. But finally it calmed just after 8. Anyway, cowl masked and taped off and ready for paint. I was afraid one can would not be enough so i ordered an extra just in case. Nevertheless, i am short one coat on the top half and two on the bottom. WWRC says I should be ok until Tuesday when the extra can arrives. So far it's looking pretty good.
    20180711_212303.jpg 20180711_213305.jpg 20180711_212545.jpg 20180711_212538.jpg 20180711_212422.jpg 20180711_213620.jpg 20180711_213616.jpg 20180711_213404.jpg 20180711_213400.jpg
    I'm pretty neat tonight fella's so I will call it a night.

I'll jump on here tomorrow and update you all better.

dhal22, 49dimes, acerc and 3 others like this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    One can for each half and you did not have enough paint, wow it sure needs a lot of paint or there is not much in a can. But I must say it is looking better just have to see it when it has the clear coal on.

10. stangflyer

I am not sure about the coverage rate, but it does seem like it takes a lot to cover. The cans are only 12 oz cans so there really isn't much in them at all. This is one of the downsides to this paint. It is quite expensive for the amount that you get. However, I will say that it is some of the nicest paint that I have sprayed. It goes on real even. I was almost disappointed after I was finished last night. Not so much as a single blemish or bad spot. No specks of dust or anything. I think a person would be hard-pressed to get even a better finish from a paint booth. I say almost disappointed, because normally as hard as I try I usually have something happen to the paint. Ah but let's not jinx myself. All the painting and clear coat is not on yet. LOL

49dimes and acerc like this.