• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
Aeroworks had drop in DA tune pipes, Hangar 9 had nearly drop in DA tune pipes, Pilot RC has the tunnel but you're on your own for the mounts. But, what Pilot does better than the others is these covers to replace the holes you cut out if you're going with pipes:

20151106_223028.jpg 20151106_223402.jpg

Joe Hunt

150cc
Didn't work on the plane long tonight... spent six hours cleaning up and organizing after the baffling science project. :face-palm: Glad the pipe mounts are done though. Definitely in the homestretch now. :woohoo!:

The stock wheels do look like they might wear out pretty quickly... so I'm going with DUBRO 4.5" TLs:

20151106_232801.jpg

I'm glad to hear that after the time I spent doing these! :fist_pump:

Interesting, though, even if I was 100 degrees hotter than I'm temp'n it... that would still only make it 235, on average. I'm just not sure about these telemetry numbers. So, do you tape on a thermistor? Or what exactly do you do?

That was with baffling though. On my first flight with no baffling the temps were very hot. Close to 300F.
And you cannot go with any sort of average because the flight envelope will dictate that. It all depends on engine load, speed of plane and air flow into the cylinders.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm glad to hear that after the time I spent doing these! :fist_pump:

Interesting, though, even if I was 100 degrees hotter than I'm temp'n it... that would still only make it 235, on average. I'm just not sure about these telemetry num
Didn't work on the plane long tonight... spent six hours cleaning up and organizing after the baffling science project. :face-palm: Glad the pipe mounts are done though. Definitely in the homestretch now. :woohoo!:

The stock wheels do look like they might wear out pretty quickly... so I'm going with DUBRO 4.5" TLs:

View attachment 44690
Now you're talkin' Joe. Of all the pluses the Pilot has to offer, (IMO) one thing they have fallen short on is the selection of wheels. Like most companies, they have their misses too. It is my belief that Tony does this to keep the cost down as he realizes most guys will probably replace them with an upgraded version anyway. "BUT" when you add in the equation they supply you with CF accessories, (Others do not), they supply you with a really nice painted to match spinner, (Others do not), And Pilot has probably the finest "Top Shelf" customer service I have ever encountered, I am not at all bothered by replacing the wheels. Dubro is my choice of replacement. Unless, I go with something really "BLING". I have had my Dubro TL's on my 260 for nearly 3 years now. They are hardly showing any signs of wear at all. I replaced the original H-9 wheels on my Sukhoi with the same TL's. They are really great for ground handling and offer very solid landings with very low impact to the landing gear.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Hey Joe.
Glad to see you're back. The last video I recall seeing of yours was one where you were 3D ing
In what appeared to be a vineyard. That was ages ago...