• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just wondering I was a member of to clubs one was about 20 minutes drive and the other one is just under a hour. But unfortunately we just lost the one 20 minutes away just found out that the farmer has sold the property, so the club is trying to find a new field, that is not going to be easy.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have made a couple flights here at the house and aside from needing some throw adjustments, high rates to high and low is to low, it is time to strip and do again. I don't think there is any need in posting any of the recover as it is the same ole same ole, right.

WMcNabb

150cc
I have made a couple flights here at the house and aside from needing some throw adjustments, high rates to high and low is to low, it is time to strip and do again. I don't think there is any need in posting any of the recover as it is the same ole same ole, right.

Wrong! Curious to know any tips and tricks you might have for covering with Stits.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
First tip, "It is the easiest, strongest, longest lasting covering there is". How's that!
Definitely want a detailed rundown of the recovering job. Need to know all the little tricks. We can all cover but do a perfect job is not so easy like know how to hide seams and over laps and how the plane looks with and with out clear coat. There is plenty to learn.
Also what do you use to put the covering down with, do do couple inches at a time or do you like the way they us to with dope, I delive it was called nitrate and iron it down.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I will do it as sort of a tutorial if needed, but it really is not that difficult. But one thing to note for starters, I do not use their adhesive. I use Sigs stix-it, just brush it on, wait five minutes and iron the fabric on.