• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

I'd strongly consider either a Spektrum AR636 or a Lemon stabilizer receiver. Both run on Spektrum. Then there are the stand alone units like the Cortex. These will be much better than a basic Futaba tail gyro. Easier to program, setup, and better results. I'm a huge fan of gyros as I come from a strong helicopter background.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The plane is finished and anything else would require a complete rewire to Rx. I really don't want to do that. Originally I just wanted something simple, kind of plug-n play, but it is not working out that way. I even considered putting one of my heli tail gyros on it, much simpler but not sure how it would work in the end. I bought this 430 for switch on and off ability but just do not understand the programming.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Part of the problem is I built the tail wheel scale and it is somewhat loose in the linkage making it a bit squirrely.

Can't argue that. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the 430. I have some experience with the Futaba helicopter tail gyros, but it's been awhile. Sorry for the misdirection, not sure I can help with this one.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes, the Tx has a Gyro program but it does not relate to the Gyro directions as for the gain set-up. To be quite frank I just don't get some of the terminology, it seems to bleed together to me which ends with it making no sense.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
An update, I have the gyro set-up with the switching ability, normal/off/AVCS, working. Does anyone know if the gain works independently of that switch or if it has to be mixed?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks to a Futaba moderator on another site I have the gyro set-up. Apparently I was reading way more into it than there was. I got some flying in today, man what a hot rod this little Pitts is, and will be going out again tomorrow. If I can get in one more day over the weekend I will be ready for the big one, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, or even both days.