• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Post pics of your airplane

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
10941876_10206407312968576_6146497566174345903_n.jpg

All ready for equipment now. Tax return just filed, now it's a waiting game :brian-banana:

JimD

50cc
The full-scale, not so much...but the designer of this model hit a home run with his airfoil selection. On the first flight, I was busy thinking about the landing (sailplane, only get one shot) when I realized that I was gaining altitude. After about ten minutes I just couldn't stand the suspense any longer and set up to land. This picture was right after the first flight. Next is a shot of five 1/4-scales and a new 1/3-scale at our Summer Soaring event.
image.jpg
image.jpg

JimD

50cc
Pictures were taken at the HighPoint Aviation airfield located on top of Knobley Mountain in West Virginia (about three miles south of Cumberland, Maryland).

yakken

100cc
Pictures were taken at the HighPoint Aviation airfield located on top of Knobley Mountain in West Virginia (about three miles south of Cumberland, Maryland).
You guys fly any giant scale 3d planes there. Im not to far away. I think a buddy of mine was going to take me up there but we never hooked up to go.

JimD

50cc
Yes, we have a guy that is into that part of giant scale...I have been working on him and now he has a sailplane and does some aero towing as well. You are welcome to come for a visit, just let me know a date and time.

image.jpg

Here is another one of my planes, a TopModel Pilatus Porter with DA-120.

image.jpg