• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Post your dumb RC moves here

hbollier

70cc twin V2
See the avatar? This was my first flight on my first balsa plane. Had someone else trim it and he was standing next to me when it snapped out of a turn. I rode the elevator the whole way. while it was spinning he asked me what I was doing to which I replied, "I'm crashing into that tree, leave me alone." Thank goodness for fishermen. Some expert casting pulled it out of the tree.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
This was my 2nd 3DHS 87" Extra SHP. I flew the first one into the ground on its 2nd flight (flew into the sun and lost it). Anyway....#2 lasted quite awhile....but went into failsafe mode (the only Rx batt went south) and glided nice and level into a THICK-ARSED grove of trees! Although I was happy because beyond those trees was the Potomac River!

One piece did make it to the ground on its own though :congrats:. Had to cut down 3 trees to get the rest. I still have pieces from both planes, so might do a resurrection this summer!
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg IMG_0039.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
This was my 2nd 3DHS 87" Extra SHP. I flew the first one into the ground on its 2nd flight (flew into the sun and lost it). Anyway....#2 lasted quite awhile....but went into failsafe mode (the only Rx batt went south) and glided nice and level into a THICK-ARSED grove of trees! Although I was happy because beyond those trees was the Potomac River!

One piece did make it to the ground on its own though :congrats:. Had to cut down 3 trees to get the rest. I still have pieces from both planes, so might do a resurrection this summer!
View attachment 10683
View attachment 10682 View attachment 10684

Poor Trees. :banana-dance:

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
You all are writing about what happened to your planes. How about the time I let a spinning propeller get in the way of my index finger while taking off the glow igniter. I will use proper decorum and not post the picture. (PM me if you really want to see it!) Now THAT hurt!

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
I had a 27x10 prop kick back on me....twice!! No physical damage, but it hurt like heck!!! I was a little prop shy after that.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
OK! I got all you beat.....Sliced open my finger on an APC while balancing it! Is that sorry or what!?lol

As far for spinning props on large gassers........
funny-danger-sign.jpg