• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Post your servo, receiver, and battery setups

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Interesting discussion in another thread about our electronics setups. Being that Hitec is limited to 9 channels, we have to use certain workarounds with 100cc+ airplanes in order to make our setups work properly without having to resort to using power or servo expansion components. Interested to hear what others thoughts are, how they have their airplanes setup, and the likes.

In my own 100CC airplane, here is what I am using:

-Hitec Aurora 9X transmitter
-Hitec Optima 9 receiver
-Hitec HS-7955TG servos on ailerons and elevators, throttle
-Hitec HS-7954SH, 2 in an SWB tray on rudder
-Fromeco Relion 5200 LiIon cells for receiver (2), 2600 Relion LiIon cells for ignition (1)
-Fromeco Wolverine and Badger switches
-Fromeco DCUP MkII

Since I have 9 servos and only 9 channels, this obviously poses a problem. The preference is to plug the receiver input power leads directly into the receiver, however I can't do that. We here at Hitec recommend using a set of Y-harnesses as a work around. If you utilize a heavy duty y-harness with gold plated connectors and 80+ strand count wiring, you won't have any issues here.

Here is how I have my airplane setup:

Channel 1: Throttle with Y input for Fromeco DCUP MkII
Channel 2: Elevator
Channel 3: Elevator
Channel 4: Rudder with Y input for power
Channel 5: Aileron
Channel 6: Aileron
Channel 7: Aileron
Channel 8: Aileron
Channel 9: Rudder with Y input for power

I am utilizing a total of 3 HD y-harnesses because I am also using the DCUP unit to help with current loads.

Now, there are other systems out there which can let you expand to even more channels without the need to use y-harnesses, and those systems can also provide more power to the servos. I personally don't want to use them so I will stick with my setup as it works.

So tell us.. What are you using, and how is it setup?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Spektrum DX18, power safe 12 channel RX (or 9ch RX in smaller birds), dual lipo's, failsafe switch included with RX, Tech Aero IBEC. On TX servo matching, On RX battery balancing.

K.I.S.S. powerful and bulletproof setup from 30%-43% planes.
20150804_194340.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yup that's where Terry got them. Trying to tidy up my wiring before I post pictures of my install :oblong::D

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
100cc eg mx2.
Dx9
9ch powersafe rx with included switch
2 2200 2s lipo
Tech aero ibec
Spektrum servos on Ailerons
Hitec 7955s on elevator
Jr 9711 on rudder
Servo matching done via transmitter.

Super clean super simple setup.

emtp275

100cc
Interesting discussion in another thread about our electronics setups. Being that Hitec is limited to 9 channels, we have to use certain workarounds with 100cc+ airplanes in order to make our setups work properly without having to resort to using power or servo expansion components. Interested to hear what others thoughts are, how they have their airplanes setup, and the likes.

In my own 100CC airplane, here is what I am using:

-Hitec Aurora 9X transmitter
-Hitec Optima 9 receiver
-Hitec HS-7955TG servos on ailerons and elevators, throttle
-Hitec HS-7954SH, 2 in an SWB tray on rudder
-Fromeco Relion 5200 LiIon cells for receiver (2), 2600 Relion LiIon cells for ignition (1)
-Fromeco Wolverine and Badger switches
-Fromeco DCUP MkII

Since I have 9 servos and only 9 channels, this obviously poses a problem. The preference is to plug the receiver input power leads directly into the receiver, however I can't do that. We here at Hitec recommend using a set of Y-harnesses as a work around. If you utilize a heavy duty y-harness with gold plated connectors and 80+ strand count wiring, you won't have any issues here.

Here is how I have my airplane setup:

Channel 1: Throttle with Y input for Fromeco DCUP MkII
Channel 2: Elevator
Channel 3: Elevator
Channel 4: Rudder with Y input for power
Channel 5: Aileron
Channel 6: Aileron
Channel 7: Aileron
Channel 8: Aileron
Channel 9: Rudder with Y input for power

I am utilizing a total of 3 HD y-harnesses because I am also using the DCUP unit to help with current loads.

Now, there are other systems out there which can let you expand to even more channels without the need to use y-harnesses, and those systems can also provide more power to the servos. I personally don't want to use them so I will stick with my setup as it works.

So tell us.. What are you using, and how is it setup?

My 100cc runs 9 servos on 8ch Rx, I have a 14 to replace the 8 with just havent gotten around to it, But you being the Hitec guy why not program servos and save ch's? I can run every thing including smoke on a 100cc with 8ch rx by programming the Ailerons and rudder servos with a smart fly power expander

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My 100cc runs 9 servos on 8ch Rx, I have a 14 to replace the 8 with just havent gotten around to it, But you being the Hitec guy why not program servos and save ch's? I can run every thing including smoke on a 100cc with 8ch rx by programming the Ailerons and rudder servos with a smart fly power expander

I may end up programming my aileron servos and running a Y harness on them to free up 2 channels. Would be a cleaner install. I may also fit a Y onto the rudder servos and program them for perfect geometry as well to free up an additional channel for an electronic ignition kill.

emtp275

100cc
Np
I may end up programming my aileron servos and running a Y harness on them to free up 2 channels. Would be a cleaner install. I may also fit a Y onto the rudder servos and program them for perfect geometry as well to free up an additional channel for an electronic ignition kill.
Now your taking full advantage of that 9ch Rx :big_yes:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My 100cc Yak has a Futaba 14 channel receiver (6014?), Hitec servos, two 3300mah (?) nimh batteries and a Fromeco switch. One servo per channel, all controlled by a Futaba 14sg radio. Simple and works flawlessly.