• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Powerbox Servo Throw Problems

vegasking

70cc twin V2
I have a Powerbox Champion SRS and having problems setting the throws on the elevators. I set the servos for center, set them for full up and down and have them all the same on full rate, but when I switch from full rates to a medium and low rate the elevaters don't deflect the same amount. One will move more than the other. I have the pushrods the equal lengths from center of each ball link and the height of the control horns from center of hinge line are equal too. Have the same problem with ailerons too when they are on different rates and do not know if I am not setting them up right or what, so any advise would be helpful. Kelley

On high rates, if you move them slowly throughout the range of motion, do you see the same behavior, i.e. different deflection at different points of the range?

I expect you will see that. If you do then you can use your radio to program that out using the balance feature, at least I think that's what it's called, I'm not in front of my Spektrum radio right now.

To get the most precise matching arrange a thin sticks on the elevators carbon fiber tubes are great, that or bamboo skewers, so that they come to a point. Then watch them as you slowly move through the range of motion.

You should be able to adjust deflection at multiple points of travel, sorta like how programming a throttle curve works, just for elevators.

Does this make sense? My caffeine isn't fully activated yet.

BJ Swope