• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prescription sunglasses

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
An update on my sunglasses. I had older pair of RayBan sunglasses still in great shape but old script that Lenscrafters did me great by installing some Varilux non-polarized high UV lenses tinted in dark rose. They are awesome for flying making the colors really pop. Its amazing how something can reduce the glare yet colors seem so bright.

I have progressive tri-focals. I can't find anything. I'm afraid I'll have to buy Blue Blcokers or something.

BUT... I had NO glasses until I turned 40 - 3 years ago. I remember the day I went flying again after getting them I was like .. HOLY CRAP I CAN SEE THE PLANE AND THERE IS JUST ONE OF THEM!! HAHA it truly changed my life. Darn eyes....

I can totally relate, I raced motorcycles for years and came to the realization I needed glasses, next race dropped a second in the first practice. It's a relatively light rx and I have some Wiley X sunglasses for flying and just regular glasses for anything once it gets dark.
Just found some really cool google inserts, they snap into your goggles for MX, Skiing etc...... http://www.gogglesnmore.com/univers...=18283950120&gclid=CIGznb7NrcECFdHm7AodI28ACQ

mndless

Don't know a thing..
I got the glasses in from Zenni a day or so ago.

They are your basic policabinate wrap around sun glasses. The glasses and frame are nice. The actual prescription lens is a secondary clear lens that is installed just inside of the standard wrap around sunglasses. not a bad idea.

I am pretty happy with them, they work great ... on $35.00 or so for the pair I ordered.

So, I would consider this is a valid option...

Have the new Zenni glasses in hand at the IMAC SE regionals starting in the morning... I'll be spectating all weekend, and will report back how they do... for less than $40.00 if they perform ok, might be worth having in your back pocket 'just in case'...