Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prop for a DA35

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by BikeRacer, Oct 22, 2015.

1. I'm about to order a 3dhs 75" 330lt with a DA35. I heard from some guys that a falcon 20x8 was great for a dle 35ra, but I wasn't sure if the DA had a tiny bit more power or not and would be better to get a 20x9. This will be all freestyle 3D crazyness. I always mix precision in, but I'm much more concerned with the 3d portion of the prop for this plane.

2. I'm running a falcon 20x9 carbon on mine, it's a little slower on hover pullout, but develops better speed for the high energy moves. For me that's a fine tradeoff. I have used a Mejzlik 20x8 carbon in the past, and it's probably a bit better at low/slow harrier and hover stuff, with better pullout from a hover. But it's slower on the top end too. All of this was with a Pitts muffler, if you are using a tuned pipe, the 20x9 is the best.

I tried a Vess 20b, and found it slower than the Falcon, so I went back to the Falcon as top speed was more important to my flying style.

helicanic, 49dimes and BikeRacer like this.
  3. I'll be using a jtec pitts muffler. I guess I need to figure out exactly the kind of flying I'll do with it. I like the high speed stuff, but hate to lose out on pull... I'm assuming the 20x8 will rip a little easier too which I would like to avoid a little bit.

4. helicanic

helicanic 50cc

I have run a falcon 20x8 and 20x9 on mine. 20x8 was too slow on top end and only added marginal difference to slow and low. 20x9 sped things up a bit and still performs well low and slow.

I have this on a extreme Flight 78" extra.

BikeRacer likes this.