Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Proton! The latest Pitts Model 12

Discussion in 'Full Scale Discussions' started by WMcNabb, Apr 5, 2016.

1. WMcNabb likes this.
  2. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Two more videos from this past April. Be sure to turn up the sound!

3. B535BEA8-3CBA-43C1-8549-9C5B348078FF-599-00000076594AC939_tmp.png

HRRC Flyer and WMcNabb like this.
  4. flyerman

flyerman New to GSN!

I want one of these! Not crazy about rigging one, but Cowabunga! Where's the rc version?

WMcNabb likes this.
  5. Clint Sweet

Clint Sweet New to GSN!

It took several hundred hours to paint this aircraft. 12 colors then cleared, sanded with 600 wet and applied drop shadow then cleared again. Also keep in mind, that all of the aluminum panels are painted inside and out which means that the plane has to go together and get taken apart many times. Not to mention the control surfaces, coves, canopy, cowling, etc that have to go on and off through the entire process. So in the end I think it took about four months to complete the entire aircraft.

6. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Surreal! Absolutely love it!

7. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Thanks Clint,

Sounds like you know the Proton inside and out. . . . . :big_yes:. That plane is simply phenomenal. I wish I could see it in person.

David

8. Clint Sweet

Clint Sweet New to GSN!

Yep, I know it pretty well. Spent many long hours bringing that scheme to life. The client was truly awesome to deal with. He was willing to go all out on the project. I wish they all were like him.

pawnshopmike, WMcNabb and Jetpainter like this.
  9. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

When I take on a car to restore for a customer I'll only do one for a guy that I think will get it. By that I mean knows what it takes to do a project like that. When you get the right guy it's awesome!

Snoopy1, pawnshopmike and ericrs like this.
  10. Clint Sweet

Clint Sweet New to GSN!

Exactly. If someone freaks out over the cost of the paint and materials, its time to send em down the road.

Jetpainter, pawnshopmike and WMcNabb like this.