• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Radio lockout

If it were me, I would pull out the PBX and X BUS stuff, and use an 11 ch PowerSafe Rx. Not saying that that is the issue, but it would be a good start in troubleshooting.

Im a firm believer in the DMSS stuff. A pic or 2 of the interior of the airplane would be helpful in helping diagnose this with you.

Ive flown the DMSS 11 ch powersafe rx all year now, and have not had an issue. I know several people with the 14 and have good luck.

If it were me, I would pull out the PBX and X BUS stuff, and use an 11 ch PowerSafe Rx. Not saying that that is the issue, but it would be a good start in troubleshooting.

Im a firm believer in the DMSS stuff. A pic or 2 of the interior of the airplane would be helpful in helping diagnose this with you.

Ive flown the DMSS 11 ch powersafe rx all year now, and have not had an issue. I know several people with the 14 and have good luck.
I might do just that. Only issue being I have a couple of PBX units I'll have to get rid of to get the PowerSafe receiver.

I'm with everyone else on this. Ditch the pbx and xbus.
Keep It Simple. Less to go wrong.
With everything else in the plane I don't know if I would pin The cause on radio lockout.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
+1. I'm a firm believer in the keep it simple method. Less stuff to go wrong, less stuff to troubleshoot.
I absolutely agree with this method as well. Other than a Smart Fly, no other equipment on board any of my airframes. NO problems...well, short of the crappy HITEC that is getting dumped like a bad girlfriend.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
If you do keep the JR Tx, then switch to powersafe receivers in all of your big airplanes. There's no need for the dated Powerbox setups with that kind of system (plus it'll save you weight too). My educated guess is something went funky with the powerbox system and caused a partial loss of control.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Power safe RX's all the way!! I have 8 of them in use from one 9ch in a 91" and seven 12ch all the way up to 43% PAU extra.....no problems and most of them will be going into third year of service.

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
If you do keep the JR Tx, then switch to powersafe receivers in all of your big airplanes. There's no need for the dated Powerbox setups with that kind of system (plus it'll save you weight too). My educated guess is something went funky with the powerbox system and caused a partial loss of control.

+1

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Power safe RX's all the way!! I have 8 of them in use from one 9ch in a 91" and seven 12ch all the way up to 43% PAU extra.....no problems and most of them will be going into third year of service.
Yep, same here. I had an issue with one older jr12 channel one that took a long time to bind, but that's it. Nevera problem once the bind happened. The dsmx stuff is pretty much instantaneous bind.