• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Real Flight 7.5...

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fella's, I finally got tired of looking for my Real Flight 7 Disk, so I went to the LHS last Friday afternoon and asked the owner to order Real Flight 7.5 for me without the transmitter. I should have it this Friday. Also since Ntelos is vacating most of the eastern half of Virginia, I'm going to have to change my phone and internet provider here, pretty soon too. Since I'm not the most computer/internet savvy person, this raises a question for you Guys. Since I do not have wired internet or cable, nor do I want it. Do those of you that only use wireless internet have any issues with speed running Real Flight with the internet?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well Fella's, I finally got tired of looking for my Real Flight 7 Disk, so I went to the LHS last Friday afternoon and asked the owner to order Real Flight 7.5 for me without the transmitter. I should have it this Friday. Also since Ntelos is vacating most of the eastern half of Virginia, I'm going to have to change my phone and internet provider here, pretty soon too. Since I'm not the most computer/internet savvy person, this raises a question for you Guys. Since I do not have wired internet or cable, nor do I want it. Do those of you that only use wireless internet have any issues with speed running Real Flight with the internet?
Hey David, For what it's worth.... I have Verizon on my cell phone. I use my phone as a hot spot and connect my laptop up wirelessly. Works really well for me. Data useage is next to nothing in all honesty. Oh and by the way, it's about time you got on board there pal. Be good to have you join in on all the mayhem. :banana-dance:

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I might be looking to get RF finally after never really using a sim. I would like my 3 year old boy to start trying it out since he can fly my micro quad on super low rates now. Where is the best place to get RF? would you guys go with the version with the radio/controller or use my spectrum stuff?

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That's great to know @stangflyer . Thanks for the info. I've been leaning towards Verizon for a while now and that little bit of info just sealed the deal for me.

As a wise man once told me "Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it."........:spongebob: I've been blessed to be very busy with my job, so spare time will be at a premium for the foreseeable future. It may be another week or two yet, but I'll join you guys (at least until one of you kick me out)........:laughing:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey nebwake,

If you don't have a local hobby shop, I think you can order it from Tower Hobbies or one of the other online hobby shops. I've been flying since about 2000 but I didn't buy a simulator until about a year and a half ago. It took me a little while to get used to it, but it's great fun. I may be wrong, but I think you have to buy the system with the controller, but you should be able to plug your Spectrum transmitter into it. I fly with a Futaba radio and I can use my transmitter with no problem. Someone else on here with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong.

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
If you have you have a Spektrum radio, that has the buddy cord port, you can just buy RealFlight with the interlink cable ....I am set up that way and love it.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I have a local shop but was looking for the least expensive option since they pretty much only charge msrp and really dont support planes much. They are more into roleplaying games and other things like that which i have no intrest in.

Komet163

50cc
I updated from 6.5 to 7.5 sunday, Went to LHS asked if they had update disk was told I needed the $120 full download addition because you couldn't upgrade 6.5. I says can I look at that 7.5 box that says upgrade- ta da- he says wow I didn't know we had that.