• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 30cc (76") Extra 330sc

gyro

GSN Contributor
here is a cool video of one of my teammates flying his 30cc extra! rock on Scooby!

[video=youtube_share;vGCp3J8v1vY]http://youtu.be/vGCp3J8v1vY[/video]

Did you have to add any upthrust to your model. I believe your serial is 105 and mine is 106.

Redwing produced an upthrust mod video for the 30cc. Some of the Extras did not have the required upthrust built into the firewall.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Did you have to add any upthrust to your model. I believe your serial is 105 and mine is 106.

Redwing produced an upthrust mod video for the 30cc. Some of the Extras did not have the required upthrust built into the firewall.

We hadn't done the mod yet in that video.

I've done the mod now, and I'm working on getting it dialed in

We hadn't done the mod yet in that video.

I've done the mod now, and I'm working on getting it dialed in

Thanks keep us posted.

Do you think it needed the mod?? Im starting on my plane next week, and would like to drill the holes 1/4" lower, assuming all the planes need the upthrust.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks keep us posted.

Do you think it needed the mod?? Im starting on my plane next week, and would like to drill the holes 1/4" lower, assuming all the planes need the upthrust.

I think it's worthwhile to do the mod... but I need a little more time to get mine working for me the way I like. I hope to get some work done with it Friday

I think it's worthwhile to do the mod... but I need a little more time to get mine working for me the way I like. I hope to get some work done with it Friday

Thanks for your help! I'm thinking about setting it up for imac practice only, therefore I am very interested in precision.

Once I get a 30% extra this 30CC will change to my 3D plane.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks for your help! I'm thinking about setting it up for imac practice only, therefore I am very interested in precision.

Once I get a 30% extra this 30CC will change to my 3D plane.

No problem. The way I did the mod with washers, so I can easily adjust. Maybe that'll work good for you too, so you can dial it in

No problem. The way I did the mod with washers, so I can easily adjust. Maybe that'll work good for you too, so you can dial it in

Have you flown your extra any more since the upthrust mod?? I'm curious of your results as I'm following a thread on rcgroups that talks about it as well.

Did you confirm that your plane did not have upthrust installed? Tim thought it was only an issue with <#100, however I checked mine and it appears to have zero upthrust. I have #106 and I beleive you have #105.

Thanks!

IMG_5472.jpgIMG_5475.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: