• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

RedwingRC 50cc 330sc Build Log!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
This one is coming together nicely. I'm hoping to do some carbon fiber details in the fuse and motor box to clean it up and make her purrty.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Glad you are liking it so far! NOW you are making some progress! Keep it up. And thanks for letting people fly it!

Wish I could make it. Maybe I can come out and fly other peoples planes! but i'm not driving all that way :)

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
You got it!!!! That's why I chose Redwing since hardly anyone in this part of the country has one or has even heard of them.

Not too many at our club either. I get a lot of people come up to me and say they have looked at the RedWingRC planes online but have never seen one up close. They always have something positive to say about the plane and appear to really like it. Nothing I currently fly lands as easily as the YAK. It really has no bad habits.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Life has got in the way of me ordering my redwing 50cc in time for monsterfest. So I'll just have my 100cc down there and possibly some cash if a good airframe is there for a good price but I'm really wanting to pick up a redwing slick asap. Might have to be a winter project now tho

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439392580.837534.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439392599.839609.jpg

Did some work last night... Yep life got in the way but I'm determined to get her done by Friday! I have always used swb arms but these great looking carbon servo arms are really sweet looking. Anyone have experience with them, good or bad?

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Wish I could help you out bud. Heh I was wondering where you were on this build. How has the build process been up to this point, be honest now. Bet it looks even more sexy in real life vs looking at pics on the net.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
It's been really easy and no issues. My full time job has gotten in the way along with my wife's photography business. But I'm back on track!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Mike - I used them on my 50cc RedwingRC Yak 55 and they work great. No issues at all. I highly recommend using blue thread lock on all of the nuts/bolts though.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I also decided to epoxy the removable servo trays for the wings a bit to give more strength. I know this plane will be taking a beating by some of you in 8 days!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439405533.080657.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439405502.744493.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439401609.353975.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439401585.388295.jpg