• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

RedwingRC 50cc Extra 330sc Model Aviation Magazine Article!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Container with the Extra 330 is due in next week. Craig called to confirm my order. I'm guessing it will get here the week of Thanksgiving and I just happen to be off that entire week! I am looking forward to getting it on the build table and in the air. :flyer:

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I decided to begin the build today. I am still waiting on the replacement cowl but that could be awhile as Redwing is shut down due to the flooding going on in their area. In the mean time I can get everything else going. I put it on the stand today went over all the joints with CA and thinned some epoxy and reinforced the inside of the motor box. Next up is ailerons, elevators, and rudder.

Cowl was crushed during shipment.

Here is what is going into the plane:
Motor: EME 70 (Yes, Bipenut talked me into it) :thumbup:
Servos: XQ 4020 (I have these in all of my gas planes)
Receiver: Spektrum AR8000
Electrics: Electro-Dynamics A123 battery, dual output switch with charge port and optic kill. (I have this setup on the YAK and love it for being simple, lightweight and easy to charge)

330.jpgCowl2.jpgCowl3.jpg

Bipenut53

150cc
[MENTION=3978]wfahey415[/MENTION] I'm glad you started the build!! I'll be watching.....:popcorn:

Boy that cowl did take some damage.... That's too bad!

Last edited by a moderator:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Alright! Cant wait to see what's next! I need to keep plugging on my build, you are going to lap me! ha!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Today is the tedious process of reaming the ailerons, rudder and elevator hinge pockets. Wetting the hinge pockets, protecting the hinge pins from epoxy and gluing it all together. Camera battery is charging. Photos will be along later.

Build day will be cut short as I have 2 assignments due tomorrow and one of them involves about 5 hours of statistics. :banghead: