Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Regulator info needed

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by RJ 706, Feb 23, 2016.

1. RJ 706

RJ 706 70cc twin V2

Recently acquired a plane with two of the old style, chewing gum shape Fromeco regulators, which are working just fine.
    Can anyone share their knowledge on these units? Is there a compelling reason to replace these with the new Sahara.
    Running two Thunder Power RX batteries for power.
    Appreciate anyone's insight.

2. camss69

camss69 70cc twin V2

If they are working and the wire looks to be in good condition I'd use them. They are adjustable, I'm sure you can still get the manual online and if not I'm sure they would send it to you. I had several back in the day. What else do you need to know?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. Biggest thing would just make sure you have the appropriate size gauge wire for the application. I have seen some guys order the regs with just one 22 gauge wire in and out for use on ignition but have used that for the whole plane. Otherwise go out and fly it.

4. RJ 706

RJ 706 70cc twin V2

Thanks for the reply.

5. Dan767

Dan767 70cc twin V2

They are adjusted by shorting the pins on the side of the regulator. Short the pins together with a small screw driver, and each time you remove the screwdriver it will increase approximately .2 volt. Once you get to the max output voltage it will reset to the lowest voltage. Max out is just over 6 volts and minimum is around 5

stangflyer likes this.

6. cjmoises

cjmoises New to GSN!

What's the maximum input voltage of the fromeco sahara old regulator?

7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    12 volt