• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Reversed Polarity on servo due to ext = fried but what about my other electrics?

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Hi all,

I had a servo extension which was built incorrectly and has fried my throttle servo, I had the extension in between the Rx and the Throttle servo and it had its polarity reversed, i'm going to go back to the shop that sold it to me and ask for my servo to be replaced but I need to know if any other parts of my electrical system are at risk?

I was pretty quick to turn it off (about 7-10 seconds) but not before the servo spouted white smoke

The servo got extremely hot and my battery pack got pretty warm also, I immediately checked all other servos and the rx and there was no heat present in those, The battery pack was a 6.4v Life.

I tried out all the other servos and the rx after removing the faulty extension and all seems ok but i am now worried if this could have other consequences

is the rest of my electrics at risk or would only the servo that had the bad extension be damaged because of this and the battery pack got warm because of the massive resistance drain from the servo?

J

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hi all,

I had a servo extension which was built incorrectly and has fried my throttle servo, I had the extension in between the Rx and the Throttle servo and it had its polarity reversed, i'm going to go back to the shop that sold it to me and ask for my servo to be replaced but I need to know if any other parts of my electrical system are at risk?

I was pretty quick to turn it off (about 7-10 seconds) but not before the servo spouted white smoke

The servo got extremely hot and my battery pack got pretty warm also, I immediately checked all other servos and the rx and there was no heat present in those, The battery pack was a 6.4v Life.

I tried out all the other servos and the rx after removing the faulty extension and all seems ok but i am now worried if this could have other consequences

is the rest of my electrics at risk or would only the servo that had the bad extension be damaged because of this and the battery pack got warm because of the massive resistance drain from the servo?

J

Since the reverse polarity was only on the servo only, all else should be fine. The reason your pack got hot was due the rapid discharge from the short circuit in the servo..

Id be comfy flying the rest of the gear with a new servo and extension.