• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rolling Harrier Loops

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
nebwake;5752 wrote: Funny you say smaller plane, I tried for years with small planes because I was too chicken with my 40% er and never could nail them. When I sacked up and tried it with my big stuff, I nailed it first time. The small planes are just a little fast for me.

Same here, first try with a 40% plane and nailed it! Had been trying for months with other planes. After 40% it got easier on smaller planes. As an example, I don't own any 35cc planes but the ones I've flow still can't or severely struggle because of lower power. 100cc is pretty easy too.

What are you working with sparkx?

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
nebwake;5752 wrote: Funny you say smaller plane, I tried for years with small planes because I was too chicken with my 40% er and never could nail them. When I sacked up and tried it with my big stuff, I nailed it first time. The small planes are just a little fast for me.

Because bigger planes are slower...

You can do it with smaller planes by lowering their travel adjustment so they will be slower and more copycat the bigger more slower birds.

Smaller modern 3D planes got very big surfaces so it won't matter them if you are lowering their travel, they still can do 3D and much like the big bulky slower planes.

It's all about proportion.

That being said, the sim speed is the same method only on the computer.

With my AeroFly I can do it.

sparkx38

50cc
Terryscustom;5774 wrote: Same here, first try with a 40% plane and nailed it! Had been trying for months with other planes. After 40% it got easier on smaller planes. As an example, I don't own any 35cc planes but the ones I've flow still can't or severely struggle because of lower power. 100cc is pretty easy too.

What are you working with sparkx?
I was flying my wild child 89" Slick today and yes it is much harder to accomplish than it is with my 35% Extra 330. Should have flown the extra to practice the rolling loops. Never the less had a great time at the field today throwing the 89 around.

sparkx38

50cc
TazmanianDevil;6220 wrote: Try to make a bigger wider loop it will give you more time to input the timing. It's like a big rolling circle.
That's makes sense. If I hadn't burnt up in the heat all day today I would take the extra out tomorrow and practice it some more. Think I will stick to the sim.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I basically learned by pegging the stick to the right and then learning how to steer and control altitude. As you can see I fly most of my flight this way. The fun part is learning now to roll with left aileron instead of right. For me it was easier to do a tight rolling loop at first and then progressively get bigger. Also learning to start from left to right or right to left was a challenge but once you practice it becomes second nature when you mix it all together.