• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

S. Bus vs S. Bus2

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Hey guys: Just wondering what the differences are between S.Bus and S.Bus2?

Can I use an S.Bus2 servo on an gen 1 S.Bus setup or do I need to have the newest stuff for it to work properly?

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I believe the only difference is that SBUS2 has telemetry which means there is 2 way communication.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Thanks moose! So are they backwards compatible with the standard S.Bus gear?

I have an 8FGS and want to set up an S.Bus system, but am afraid that if I buy S.Bus2 servos that it won't work...

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I'm almost positive they are. SBUS2 allows the telemetry sensors to be plugged into the hubs and transmit data back through the system. I'm GUESSING the SBUS2 servos are able to live in that scenario. (and older regular SBUS1 servos can't)

I would venture to believe that you could not run telemtery via SBUS2 along with SBUS1 servos....but that's just a guess.

Bottom line, and this is my guess, that you will be fine. You just won't be able to run telemetry.