• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Savox 2230 flutter

I have a Savox 2230 on the rudder of my EF 104 extra since around eight months. It has been working flawlessly but recently it starts to flutter when I give rudder input on the ground. This flutter is quite severe. I have tightened the rudder cables and still haven't been able to get rid of it. I think there is also play in the servo but just wanted some input from you guys.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Mine did it after 20 flights. Would not hold trim either, and would flutter violently up to about 1/3 stick. Yanked it. I would get ahold of savoxusa.com and report the problem. They will have you fill out an RMA for it.

Terry I also noticed it feels very grainy when I move the arm by hand. Plus on the right side it gets stuck at full deflection and becomes pretty hard to move smoothly back.

I have a 1270 that does what your 2230 does, but not jittery at center. But my servos are well over a year old. There isnt anything wrong with my servo, at all. It works just fine. :)

Also how come it started to do so now? I haven't crashed the extra or been particularly hard on the servo. Just flying like I always do.

jon595

50cc
I think they take the most abuse/wear at center. Once it gets a little wear on them they start to jitter. Could be the gears or the pots.