• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Scroll Saw Blade Recommendations

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Spiral cut blades are an absolute must have.
Nice, but doesn't spiral cut blades cut out the entire width of the blade because the blade is essentially twisted? I can see why it would be really good for grooves and other special cuts. Not so much for a straight narrow cut though. At least from searching for them online it seems.

BalsaDust

Nice, but doesn't spiral cut blades cut out the entire width of the blade because the blade is essentially twisted? I can see why it would be really good for grooves and other special cuts. Not so much for a straight narrow cut though. At least from searching for them online it seems.

Correct. They suck for straight cuts but when you have very intricate cuts and don’t want to have to rotate the work piece at each direction change then the spiral ones are awesome.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I use these, and they work awesome. The .035 Kerf is pretty small if you plan the cut well. I've also found that with a bit of practice and a steady hand you can cut a reasonably straight line with them. One thing that helps is the blade doesn't pull the cut either direction so following a line is pretty easy.

th.jpg

Alky6

150cc
I use these, and they work awesome. The .035 Kerf is pretty small if you plan the cut well. I've also found that with a bit of practice and a steady hand you can cut a reasonably straight line with them. One thing that helps is the blade doesn't pull the cut either direction so following a line is pretty easy.

View attachment 107446
Thanks Doug! You read my mind and answered my next question!

Luchnia

70cc twin V2

View attachment 107446
I ordered some of these. I think these will do a great job for some things I need to cut.