• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wanted Sea Fury, Direct Connection R/C

Balsaboy

30cc
Hey guy's, does anybody have one of these unbuilt in their kit collection? I don't need another one but what I do desperately need is for someone who does have one to trace 5 of the ply parts onto paper for me. I bought one from an ebay seller that turned out to be incomplete, not terribly but a few really key parts of the fuselage interior structure are missing and I would be eternally in the debt of whoever could provide some patterns for my missing pieces. I would of course take care of any costs like paper and shipping involved, I could send the paper and an .05 mechanical pencil or if you trusted me enough I would be happy to give you a deposit and the part numbers and you could send them to me at which point I would clone them and return you the originals. Please help if you can!
004.JPG
003.JPG

Last edited:

Balsaboy

30cc
I need the following
F3B
F4B
F6B
F7B
WS
What I think happened is somebody started to build mine and then sold it because those are all the parts you would have used to begin construction. My plans have all the part drawings except what I've listed, so I don't know whether your plans would be any different, just saying. I could certainly get what I need from the left over ply sheets that the parts were cut from as those were missing from my box, I could use them as patterns.
DSC00507.JPG
DSC00508.JPG
DSC00509.JPG
DSC00510.JPG

Balsaboy

30cc
Hey I understand, I really appreciate you offering to help! Thank you! Spread the word somebody may have one or know where one is at. This was one of those "someday I'm going to have one" kits so I was really disappointed to discover the missing parts. Could you tell me if the ply formers came in sheets or were they just in the box by themselves? Also if you can scare up what I need i will send you a fiberglass cowl, I am going to pull a mold off the vac formed cowling so I can make a glass cowl for mine. That cowl is so flimsy I don't think it will hold up.

Swede520

New to GSN!
Hey I understand, I really appreciate you offering to help! Thank you! Spread the word somebody may have one or know where one is at. This was one of those "someday I'm going to have one" kits so I was really disappointed to discover the missing parts. Could you tell me if the ply formers came in sheets or were they just in the box by themselves? Also if you can scare up what I need i will send you a fiberglass cowl, I am going to pull a mold off the vac formed cowling so I can make a glass cowl for mine. That cowl is so flimsy I don't think it will hold up.
Also try posting a message on RC Universe. I had the same problem but with a different plane. A modeler from Canada fixed me up.

Swifterdon

New to GSN!
Balsaboy,

I can help you out. A friend and I bought a RC collection in an estate sale. There was a Direct Connections Sea Fury kit in the package. I’m new to forums and I’m not “informed” on the protocols, so let me know how we can connect. Always happy to assist another modeler.

The possibility of swapping a Fiberglas cowling sounds great... so, how do we connect?

Swifterdon

New to GSN!
@Balsaboy,

Just checked the Sea Fury box. The formers you’re asking about came already punched out of the plywood, then secured in a plastic bag. The kit has very few extra pieces or scraps.

We can trace the formers you need and send the full-sized patterns to you. You’d have to take a little more time to cut them out..

Will that work for you? You can email me at Swifterdon@comcast.net

Last edited by a moderator: