• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Sebart Mig 29 3D capable EDF

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
So I picked one of these things up when they were on sale at Thunder Power. I always wanted one when they came out, but I just couldn't bring myself to blow 600 bucks on a foam EDF with 9 gram servos. They went on sale for 40% off and I had to get one. Build is easy, then there is a lot of radio programming to make it work. I wound up needing all 8 channels of my receiver. I got the version with the gyro on the yaw axis.

Chris J owned one for a while as well and enjoyed it as a fun distraction plane:

[video=youtube;rYcQ0B9abTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcQ0B9abTE[/video]

I have to say it's a blast to fly. With good batteries it's pretty fast, and hovers and harriers are about as easy as any airplane out there. If you get it dead vertical it does some really weird snap-torque rolls but it's a very different kind of flying. Very cool airplane.

Unfortunately it's pretty delicate. It's very easy to get little digs and dents in the foam. The whole thing is hollow and light to keep the weight down so it will fly well.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Cody, you get inspired at the Maine jet rally?

Would love a real 3D jet. 15K is a lot of money though. Can you imagine doing pop-tops from a 200 mph pass? That would be sweet.

Will try to get some video. Unfortunately I threw the batteries out in a pop-top last night so the plane will need a little repair...one elevator and the fins are busted. Easy to fix but difficult to make it look new again. The batteries went straight up for probably 200 feet. One is a bit dented but still seems to work fine.