• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo advice needed Extreme Decathlon

Scottoverland

New to GSN!
I would value your recommendation on the servo selection for a BH Extreme Decathlon:

DA 50
Smart-Fly PowerSystem Sport Plus
Duel Life Batts
Smoke
DX9 Trans

I would like to go big time on this and not go with what I know 7955TG???
Thank you in advance for your help!

Scott Forbes

Bemeson

50cc
I would value your recommendation on the servo selection for a BH Extreme Decathlon:

DA 50
Smart-Fly PowerSystem Sport Plus
Duel Life Batts
Smoke
DX9 Trans

I would like to go big time on this and not go with what I know 7955TG???
Thank you in advance for your help!

Scott Forbes

You have a variety of options, but I don't know what your flying type is and what you plan on doing with this plane. On the conservative side you could use 1256TG's all around. On the extreme side of things I would use the 1283SG. You can also use the 1231's if you have 32.5 mm distance between the top of the servo flange and the bottom of your surface. Send me a message and we can discuss further. Thanks guys for the referral and the mention as it brought my attention to the thread.

Thanks
Brian

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
1283's, 1230 and 1231's have been treating me well for over two years now. No slop, center well and very happy!

If running 6V set up, I would run 1283s, because you can use the same servos in a 35% airframe.

If running a HV set up, 1270s all the way! Im most pleased with my recent Savox servo purchase from Brian. All my airplanes are set up on HV.

To me, it doesnt matter what servo I use, as they all do the same job. But cost is a huge factor in buying them.