• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo bench testing

Those are the exact ones I was talking about. I have 1 I have had for 3 years in my Sea Fury, but since I fly that like once a season I don't count it as a true test.

Update today. Patrick built a little better mouse trap and here is what we have from today. All of this on a 2s lipo unregulated through a AR8000. We tried the amp meter, but it affected the results. You can see how line loss affects servos.

5665 145 oz-in
5685 310 oz-in (we tripled checked it)
7955 335 oz-in
7950 580 oz-in
BLS-157 440 oz-in
Solar 770 85 oz-in
Solar 771 165 oz-in
Solar 772 260 oz-in

The rig is being improved and I still plan on doing a video when we get it dialed in. Will also add in some Savox brushless and I ordered the Tactic TSX65 and the HK 15298. 5565MH also on the planned testing schedule. The represents all the servos I have in my 3D fleet. As you can see I am not a JR guy.

The other heli servo is going to be replaced from a new batch at some point, so I will give the vendor a chance to correct the situation. He did his own testing and they are all coming up short on torque.

In the future I will also add in a 7954 even though they are supposed to be the same motor as a 7955 just for reference.

I got a few more servos in and did some testing. We were using a Gecko ESC with the BEC set to 8.4V for these

HK-15298 were 215-220 oz-in. Not bad for a $19 coreless HV servo.
Savox 2230 were 500+ oz-in. At first we had a hard time keeping the servo in the tray. After both of us holding something down were getting low 500s.

a new high torque HK servo is on it's way here as well as the Tactic is on back order.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I got a few more servos in and did some testing. We were using a Gecko ESC with the BEC set to 8.4V for these

HK-15298 were 215-220 oz-in. Not bad for a $19 coreless HV servo.
Savox 2230 were 500+ oz-in. At first we had a hard time keeping the servo in the tray. After both of us holding something down were getting low 500s.

a new high torque HK servo is on it's way here as well as the Tactic is on back order.
Sounds great! I think we need to make a spreadsheet with a summary of the data, (and a really robust tester).

I was selling a NIB DA-60 for a friend. He still has the motor, but had talked himself into keeping it for a future project. I can ask him again if you are interested.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
I just ordered 4 servos for 16 bucks to see if they are what they say they are. They are called TowerPro MG995 Digital High Speed Servos. Ever hear of these? I ordered from US seller on Ebay.
Specs:
Metal Gear Servo Tower Por.
Great for airplane, truck, boat and racing car .
Operating Speed (4.8V no load) : 0.17sec / 60 degrees.
Operating Speed (6.0V no load) : 0.13sec / 60 degrees.
Stall Torque (4.8V): (13kg/cm) (180oz/in.).
Stall Torque (6.0V): (15kg/cm) (208oz/in.).
Temperature Range: -30 to +60 Degree C.
Dead Band Width: 4usec.
Operating voltage: 4.8 - 7.2 Volts .
Net Weight: 55g .
Dimension: 40.6 x 19.8 x 37.8 mm
Color :Black.

Those are new to me. I only use 6V standard servos on a few 40 size planes. I have a few Power HD servos in those. If they meet spec, then they should be a good 30cc servos on a LiFE pack.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Just a side note on the solar servo reliability. I use the D220 in my foamies. Now this is just a little 9 gram. They have been awesome. I have noticed the get soft after awhile. Other than that they have been great. It has made me wonder about the longevity of the brand.