• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Servo Screws

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I recently started using the MKS 777 and each servo came with two servo screws for the spline.  One of the screws if I remember right was 3mm which didn't fit and the other screw did fit the spline....just curious if anybody knows which threads are used as I couldn't find anything else on hand that worked?  I usually like to replace with shc screws as opposed to phillips.  These servos rock and I plan on switching out a few of my planes to the 777's.  Thanks.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Yeah I keep a bunch of M3x8's for the savox servo's and had even read somewhere that MKS used 3mm but for whatever reason these are different...I wish I would have taken some photos of the 2 screws side by side.  I actually lost one of the screws cause I set them all aside to use the m3 bolts that I had, luckily I had bought an extra servo for a spare or else I would have been screwed
icon_smile.gif

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I just talked to a buddy of mine who is sponsored by MKS, he's thinking they are 2.5mm so I'll give that a try.  If anybody else knows for sure let us know, It will be a few weeks before I'm home to verify.  Thanks. 

IKE

50cc
In the 777 servo container there are two screws for the servo spline , one is a 3mm (black one) that is for the older servos and a 2.5mm for the current 777. MKS factory advises you can use a 2.6mm for a tighter fit on the 777's.

Last edited: