• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo setup: EPA, current, and linkages

wedoitall

I think if you set your servos up to have a max of .25 you will be more than fine. when I first set my elevator I was getting around .44. I bumped my rate down till I got around the .18 it was only 1.5-2 degrees difference on the throw. im sure I woulda been ok at around .25

IMO it would be hard to even guess what your planes servos would draw flying. Even harder to say x amount of amps across the board for everybody. Every plane is gonna be different , maybe not much but still different. I could set up mine and your MXS exactly the same and theres still gonna be some differences. Ball-links slightly tighter on one, hinges more loose one another, etc. Maybe not much but theres gonna be differences. That's all just my opinion tho :D I guess there should be a way to figure it out with resistance on the ground.

oh I checked my laser after around 60 flights amps were almost the same. on my elevator I was getting around .15-.16 as compared to .18 from the maiden.

Dead you have had the chance to try out the different things on your MXS yet?

3dbandit

100cc
I think if you set your servos up to have a max of .25 you will be more than fine. when I first set my elevator I was getting around .44. I bumped my rate down till I got around the .18 it was only 1.5-2 degrees difference on the throw. im sure I woulda been ok at around .25

IMO it would be hard to even guess what your planes servos would draw flying. Even harder to say x amount of amps across the board for everybody. Every plane is gonna be different , maybe not much but still different. I could set up mine and your MXS exactly the same and theres still gonna be some differences. Ball-links slightly tighter on one, hinges more loose one another, etc. Maybe not much but theres gonna be differences. That's all just my opinion tho :D I guess there should be a way to figure it out with resistance on the ground.

oh I checked my laser after around 60 flights amps were almost the same. on my elevator I was getting around .15-.16 as compared to .18 from the maiden.

Dead you have had the chance to try out the different things on your MXS yet?

Once I get my servos back from Heli Direct, I am going to try and resolve the issue regarding how many amps the servos can pull in the air.

I am going to put a watt meter inline on one of my servos to record peak current.

(FYI- This will be with the BK servos)

Last edited by a moderator:

amstd7

70cc twin V2
What type of tools are available to check current draw
and what is the proper procedure for performing an amp
load check?