• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your Trailer Ideas Here

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Got a little wiring cleanup done and a coat of primer last night.
electrical 1.jpg

Attachments

• electrical 2.jpg
    electrical 2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 269
  • primer 1.jpg
    primer 1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 228

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Thank you. I finished nailed 2 lengths of 1x2 select pine(nice and straight) like a "T" but slightly of center to hide all of my wires. I left just enough room for the 5050's on the outside part and finished screwed them all into place. Before I put it up I did mount the wires and siliconed the 5050's in place along with a few shots of hot glue to keep them from moving. After it was up I made my connections. I think if you mount them indirectly, you'll find you won't be blinded. They are pretty damn bright. I hope this helps
586c177eee415e3e77801ec797f62419.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What controller are you using to drive those LED's?? Very nice !

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm starting to make plans to redo my trailer this summer. I bought it 5 years ago and the floor needs re-finishing and the LED's that I hammered up as temporary are still there and still working but look like crap. Lots of really great info here:way_to_go:

Bipeguy03

150cc
Got a little wiring cleanup done and a coat of primer last night.View attachment 15542
What are you priming with? I was a little, we'll call it sad, when I opened up my trailer's doors and found that they switched to the chip board for the walls. Look used to have Plywood..

Anyway it does seem to be well sanded and sealed, but I'm sure I'll need to prime them in order to get it to look good.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Also, I'm not painting the walls/roof bright white. I went with a stone white, which has some grey in it, hopefully it will be plenty bright but also hide the dirt ;)

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Mine has OSB, which is pretty rough surface. I'm using a generic water base primer and the cheapest exterior paint. Just base coat. I wanted to seal and brighten. It seems to be working. Just taking a couple of extra coats.

Bipeguy03

150cc
cool, I bought some Valspar from Lowes which wasn't necessarily cheap, so I want to get a good primer. I might just go back to Lowes and get some Valspar Primer.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Oh, with the snow we got her in Ohio on Monday and then the 50 degree temps today (gotta love Ohio) my trailer got a good test of it's sealing... Luckily when the water was streaming down the outside from the snow on the roof melting, the inside was dry as a bone!