• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Shop Construction

tylerzx9r

100cc
Hey, sweetpea, without letting us all know your cost on this thing, and you do not have to say if you don't want too! What is a base figure on this type and size building? Wondering if I were to do something similar?

sweetpea

100cc
Hey, sweetpea, without letting us all know your cost on this thing, and you do not have to say if you don't want too! What is a base figure on this type and size building? Wondering if I were to do something similar?
10k. + concrete + electric+ Waals + insulation.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
When I built my new shop a couple years ago, I new I had to have plumbing no matter what the cost. My first shop I built, I skimped and didn't have any running water. While it was a great little shop, it was a total pain to have to run into the house every time I needed to hit the head or rinse my airbrush. I used everything I learned from my old shop and put it into the new one. The first time I used the toilet in my new shop, the $2100.00 I spent on plumbing and fixtures was all but forgotten. Likewise, in my old shop, the first time I needed to hit the head and couldn't...I was kicking myself all the way to the house!

My new shop has a toilet and large sink with hot and cold water. WiFi, Cable and a Mini-Split heating and cooling unit. And don't forget the beer fridge! All the comforts of home.

Of course you can always add all that later. But it was easier to do it all in one shebang.

sweetpea

100cc
Easier but I'm not going in debt to do it. I've done just fine without it in 90% of my last shops. I had a budget and I'm slightly over already due to concrete prices.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Easier but I'm not going in debt to do it. I've done just fine without it in 90% of my last shops. I had a budget and I'm slightly over already due to concrete prices.
Ya. It can always be added later. I just wanted to get all the permits and inspections done and over in one fowl swoop.