Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Shout out to Aircraft International

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by jamesrxx951, May 30, 2015.

1. jamesrxx951

jamesrxx951 100cc

AI seems to be a vendor that does not get talked about much. Not sure why but I was exceptionally happy with my experience with AI yesterday. First off he was the only vendor I could find that had a Biela prop. At least he showed in stock online. So I called hoping maybe he was open at 5:30PM. And he was. He verified that he had them so I purchased a prop and a foam pilot head. Always loved the heads he sells due to their light weight. I completed my order and was happy. 5 or 10 minutes later I received a call back from him. I was thinking "great, he didn't have the prop after all". Well to my surprise he called me to ask how I preferred the stuff to get shipped. If I could wait just one more day it would save me like $5 or $8 in shipping cost. I do not remember the actual amount. I was pleasantly surprised. He could have easily charged me for a higher shipping cost and actually send it on a cheaper route. I know the money is a very minor thing but I was pleased with him being concerned for me on cost and made an effort to call me back to see what I would like. So thanks Gerhard.

thurmma and Jetpainter like this.
  2. SleepyC

SleepyC 150cc

OH
    Gerhard has always been a good dude. I think AI doesn't get mentioned much as fewer people are flying 3W motors. Which is a shame, they make a great motor!

3. I had a question on a couple of Biela props. Sent an email to Gerhard and had a reply in a couple of hours that answered my questions. He will be getting an order for a couple of Biela 3 blade props this week.

4. When I was having trouble with my 150 TOC we spoke a few times and I finally sent the engine to him. He called me back after having the engine for 2 days, told me what was wrong and the cost. I paid it over the phone and had the engine back in 3 days!!! The engine has been running like a clock ever since!

5. aarestor

aarestor 70cc twin V2

I have only dealt with him a couple of times but first class service was what I got.

6. GonePostal

GonePostal New to GSN!

A.I. :fist_pump:

7. jamesrxx951

jamesrxx951 100cc

Got home from work today and what did I find on my door step, that's right, part of my order already showed up today. the pilot head showed up in a few days. I ordered this think Friday at 5:30 PM. We are both on the same eastern time zone. Maybe my prop will get here sooner than was originally estimated.

8. +1 on :way_to_go: for Gerhard!