• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

Bipeguy03

150cc
Went back about 4-5 years in the archives and found a couple pics of the great planes skybolt kit I built. Too bad I had a POS engine on it, really sweet flying plane. Eventually sold it don't think it's been in the air since. The Peakmodel Pitts was actually a very nice plane. Required a gob ton of knife edge mixing and after that it was a real joy to fly.View attachment 15030 View attachment 15033

I love Skybolts, I have 2 Sig Bolts. And I have the Wendell Hostetler Bolt my Grampa built in the 80's, which with an engine would still be airworthy (my gramps was a HELL of a builder!)

sweetpea

100cc
Just a Tease of My Bipe!

IMG_32731.jpg

Last edited:

sweetpea

100cc
I can't upload pics. Something is wrong with my computer or the site, it says there is an error when I try to upload.

Last edited:

Bipeguy03

150cc
FANTASTIC!!

Let's see more of that Model 12 in action!

Yes sir.
Unfortunately I don't have any in flight pics of the Pitts :( I only flew it a handful of times before I decided the DLE 170 was ridiculous on it and put it in the hangar until I got the DLE 120 with my Xmas bonus this past winter.

So, I'll put some of the re build pic on here for ya!! The Yellow and Blue was what it looked like from the original builder, when I got it, it was red and black.
Up48869.jpg
Fk16924.jpg