Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show off Warbird photos...you know you have one!

Discussion in 'Scale Civillian and WarBirds' started by Ken-H, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Larry B

Larry B 70cc twin V2

Heres an odd one of mine,

Q1.jpg

MikeJM, pawnshopmike, AKNick and 2 others like this.
  2. js-rc

js-rc 70cc twin V2

Wow !! That is some plane !! Can you tell us more about that one ? !!
    Thanks, John !!

pawnshopmike likes this.
  3. Larry B

Larry B 70cc twin V2

P3.JPG Thank you John, the airplane is a model of a Lublin R-IIIXD which was a Polish observation airplane used in the 30's and it was still in service when Germany invaded Poland. I built the model to 1/4 scale which gives it a span of 132", power is a Saito FG 36 gas four stroke. It tips the scales at just 26lbs so the thing flies like a giant Sig Kadet!
    It has been to Top Gun 3 times but it really lacks the "WOW" factor so it will never be a winner (And there are way better models there). I did fly it to a third place several years ago at the Scale Masters championships in Rosewood IN. I have since retired it from the contest life and now it's just a fun-flyer on nice days at my local field.

M8.JPG View attachment 94910 O8.JPG

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    js-rc, WMcNabb, pawnshopmike and 2 others like this.
  4. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Very nice Larry! I always love your choice of out of the ordinary subjects.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  5. js-rc

js-rc 70cc twin V2

Wow again !! I was going to say "You should enter it in Top Gun" when I first saw it & here you already had it there , ha !! Thanks for putting it on here & I'll be watching for more of your great work !!

6. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Rusty 73 and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

here is another video from today. This is an Albatros:

Rusty 73, Larry B and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. Larry B

Larry B 70cc twin V2

I like that color scheme on your Albatros!:way_to_go:

9. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Not mine!!
    It is one of our club members, who is a gifted builder and he is a Saito lover. He loves those Saito four strokes.

10. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Anyone know why this happened?