• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show us your bling.

siko_flyer

70cc twin V2
jaybird;10749 wrote: That's kinda funny. I have one that starts just like every other engine out there. My flying buddy has one and has hell starting it. After he is about to pass out from flipping, I can get it going on one or two flips. :)

Difference is you gotta flip it like your trying to kill it.

I did that and I did pass out,then Kole started it with 2 piddly flips,made me want to kick the plane,or Kole.:indecisiveness:

reyn3545

100cc
yakken;10760 wrote: Or using the wrong oil

Well there goes the neighborhood... the site hasn't been up for a week, and we're already arguing over oil brands... everyone knows that Red Line is the best!

reyn3545

100cc
Doesn't matter what ratio... it still flies higher than Siko's, cuz he can't get it started!

I see he figured out how to get that animated avatar moved over here... I could have done without that!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
IMAC FANATIC;10637 wrote: Thank you Jet, and yes it was for you. Next time I take the cowl off my compy ill take a pic of the giant fishing weights that are solidly glued in place with epoxy and lead shot. Have a new cowl to delete them and rebalance but havent got to it quite yet, I could only wish that it was removable like yours. Sure is a pretty bird you have there.

Thanks Brian, the airplane weighs 21.75 pounds without the Fred Sanford weight that was welded at the school for the blind. It's to heavy for me to 3D, (I suck), but it's great for basic IMAC stuff. I recently upgraded the power from a DA50 to a GP61. It's got plenty of power now. It's a very smooth airplane for it's size and I really enjoy flying it. There is nothing better than doing a nice smooth slow roll across the field.

I had it out today in this miserable heat we've had for the last few days. At 6:30 this morning it was 75 and 99% humidity. By noon the feels like temperature they like to talk about was 104. And then it got hot! That's hard on an old fat guy!

Here's what it looks like under the cowl nowadays.

10861=4426-20140707_215651.jpg
10861=4426-20140707_215651.jpg

Mikeq

150cc
siko_flyer;10755 wrote: I did that and I did pass out,then Kole started it with 2 piddly flips,made me want to kick the plane,or Kole.:indecisiveness:

Just out of curiosity, what carburetor comes with that engine.... is it a clone of a Walbro / Tillotson or the real McCoy?