• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show us your Scale Planes

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, my friend @iahawkflyer has been giving me static constantly about my two year old P-47 ARF "build" project that is done nothing but sit....... Even @thelaw chimed in tonight saying that I probably have a new CRAP-72 enine in my P-47!:cryin:

So, I buy this Ziroli AT-6 that is built and "RTF" less RX this spring and haul it home. What I paid for it did not even cover the retracts and aluminum wheels so I'm not out anything. We'll, it's collected dust for over four months now and honestly I have not even looked at it, never even took the mid wing section off to see what's in it for servos.

Well, Tony started talking to me the other day and got me all amped up to take a look at this old bird. It has some strange things in it that I'm not used to like servos the size of a Kleenex box:confused??:.....WTF? Well, everything seems to be in working order, just needs a few things tightened up, a few servo keepers and test out this engine in the next week or so. It's a G-62 with CH Electronic ignition, a huge canister and a Harley style header. Should be sweet!

We'll see how things go this week, I have two weeks to get this baby ready for maiden in Ottumwa IA wounded warrior event:way_to_go:

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 316
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 283
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 318
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 336
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 356
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 317
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I like it! But, our friends up north might be insulted calling it a T-6 and not a Harvard since it's in a Canuk scheme and all. ;)

Harvard.jpg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I had the pleasure of getting up close to four of them a few weeks ago. They were parked right in front of my trailer and then later they fired up to leave and all of them had to stop and say "Hi" on the way by, as seen in the pic.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 294

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm kinda dumb when it comes to warbirds. I know the main ones but not all the variants. The paint is bad on mine but it looks 50 years old so It's kinda starting to grow on me. The gas that was in it was about enough to make me puke so I got that out, I think they built the plane around the fuel tank so that's actually the biggest hurtle, I'm going to look at that shortly.

BalsaDust

I like it Terry. Whats the wingspan on it. I would love to build a scaled out Texan. Just think it would be badass with a smoke system pouring smoke out of a scale exhaust location.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Well, my friend @iahawkflyer has been giving me static constantly about my two year old P-47 ARF "build" project that is done nothing but sit....... Even @thelaw chimed in tonight saying that I probably have a new CRAP-72 enine in my P-47!:cryin:

So, I buy this Ziroli AT-6 that is built and "RTF" less RX this spring and haul it home. What I paid for it did not even cover the retracts and aluminum wheels so I'm not out anything. We'll, it's collected dust for over four months now and honestly I have not even looked at it, never even took the mid wing section off to see what's in it for servos.

Well, Tony started talking to me the other day and got me all amped up to take a look at this old bird. It has some strange things in it that I'm not used to like servos the size of a Kleenex box:confused??:.....WTF? Well, everything seems to be in working order, just needs a few things tightened up, a few servo keepers and test out this engine in the next week or so. It's a G-62 with CH Electronic ignition, a huge canister and a Harley style header. Should be sweet!

We'll see how things go this week, I have two weeks to get this baby ready for maiden in Ottumwa IA wounded warrior event:way_to_go:

Not a bad looking bird!! Good buy! :)