• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Smoke pump battery

Skyluc

50cc
I am going to put a sullivan skywriter smoke pump in my new krill extra 35%,this will be my first smoke pump,and I am asking myself wich capacity is needed to power it,usually I do 6 twelve minutes flights in a flight session with my 35%

Bipeguy03

150cc
If you need a little nose weight, a 2000 mAh NiMh will run it all day. I've also ran a 2600 Fromeco Lion. But really a 500 mAh will give you about 30-40 minutes of smoke time.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
That's what I used on my PAU/BME Ultimate, I needed the nose weight. I have a Lion on my Pitts for the opposite reason lol

It's just what I had on shelf, I may switch over to a 2s when it's time to replace. I know one fella who actually runs his smoke pump off his ignition battery.

thepamster

70cc twin V2
It's just what I had on shelf, I may switch over to a 2s when it's time to replace. I know one fella who actually runs his smoke pump off his ignition battery.
Nothing wrong with that I guess as smoke pumps don't draw that much current really. However, I would hate to have something go wrong with the smoke pump and suddenly have no ignition.
A 2S Lipo weighs almost nothing as far as big planes go so that's why I use them.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Nothing wrong with that I guess as smoke pumps don't draw that much current really. However, I would hate to have something go wrong with the smoke pump and suddenly have no ignition.
A 2S Lipo weighs almost nothing as far as big planes go so that's why I use them.

I totally agree, thats why I went with designated smoke battery. I'll have to get battery out of canister tunnel, and move it up top if I go 2s, but probably will do that, once ready to replace. I'm moving away from nihm as much as possible, just use em for ignition only.

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Yep, I got out of the Nimh business last year as far as flight packs go. The only one left is in my 14SG. I will likely go Life (A123) next year.