• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

So this should be fun.. GULP.

SleepyC

150cc
So my production company got hired to shoot the opening of the 2015 Rock n Roll Hall of fame induction ceremony for HBO. We are just doing some stabilized shots of the inside of the museum and then they wanted an aerial of the Rock Hall. Well the Rock Hall sits literally on the landing strip of Burke Lakefront Airport and there was no way I was going to get FAA approval to fly one of my Octo's to get the job done. SO... what to do? Call a buddy and Get IN and fly an aerial!

GOD HELP ME... I'm scared of heights! So this should be FUN.... GULP!

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 10.40.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 10.37.05 AM.png

The door will be removed so I can hang out further.... WHAT?!?!?!
Only 10 more sleepless nights until this happens......

o_O:laughing:

WMcNabb

150cc
We routinely pull the door off an A36 Bonanza for air to air.

Safety first! The photographer is always strapped in with a harness.

image.jpg

Dan767

70cc twin V2
Steve, did you call the local District Office to see if they would issue you a waiver? If you already have your FAA waiver, might not be that big of a problem. Call the tower and ask to speak to the watch supervisor.

SleepyC

150cc
Too much traffic due to the rock hall event. They literally said "Hell No". Even called the main COA approval office in Texas. So this is easier... [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk