• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

STAR PLUG! The power plug with the compatibility plus!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Nice improvement for sure but I will stick with with my EC5's, I have used a lot of XT60's in the Deans size too and really like them as well. Both a piece of cake to solder. I hope this star cap has a really secure snap lock because it will be tugged on a lot.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Update: These new Star Plugs are total crap! Don't waste your money guys.

I installed about 6 pairs of these a week or so ago for a customer. Talk about a pita! If your wire is 16ga or smaller, the snap caps only break about 50% of the time when you snap them onto the back of the plug. On 14 ga wire you'll break about 75% of the caps trying to wrestle them on. If your wire is 12ga...don't even try. It WILL NOT WORK! And the caps that don't break will pull off every time you try to un-plug them. Unless you glue them on. Worst part is, when the cap does break you have to un-solder the plug to remove the cap and install shrink tube.

I had high hopes for these. Looked like such a great idea on the surface. I'll be sticking with the real Deans plugs from now on.

They will work fine if you throw away the stupid cap and use shrink tube. Which is what I'll be doing with the ones I have left in inventory.