• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Static and Monokote

-Rick-

100cc
"CLEAN" tack cloth. Once the backing is removed, if you get any foreign material that finds its way to the adhesive side of the covering.... gently rub your clean tack cloth on the adhesive side of the covering and the transferred foreign material will be sucked up by the tack cloth. As long as the covering has not been warmed usually I find everything will come off on the tack cloth and you're good to go. I use the tack cloth on my project also. Gets any foreign material off the wood. I've also used a lightly alcohol dampened "terrycloth" to suck up any dust particles on my airframes before I lay down the covering.

Thanks stang, I'll give that a try if I have that problem again. Still waiting for my covering :mad:. Got the white but need the color.

-Rick-

100cc
You bet...that is awesome. Please share your success huh?

I will Rob, kinda of getting pissed about the covering. Flying season is here and I need to practice for IMAC. I'm going to have to fly something else for now. The Deitrich is going to have to wait now!

P.S. You know of anything else other than Topflights adhesive activator for Monokote? Any thing else that will work to stick some monokote to painted surfaces. I know if I order that here I will be waiting another couple months...

Something off the shelve at Homedepot or Wally world. ( a hardware store if you don't have those stores down there)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I will Rob, kinda of getting pissed about the covering. Flying season is here and I need to practice for IMAC. I'm going to have to fly something else for now. The Deitrich is going to have to wait now!

P.S. You know of anything else other than Topflights adhesive activator for Monokote? Any thing else that will work to stick some monokote to painted surfaces. I know if I order that here I will be waiting another couple months...

Something off the shelve at Homedepot or Wally world. ( a hardware store if you don't have those stores down there)
What painted surface are you trying to cover Rick?

-Rick-

100cc
The cowl is what I'm thinking of. When I worked we used a lot 3M spray adhesive when we had to put a plastic mylar on to a steel cylinder, when it had to come off it was a real problem to remove. It held on real good. I just wonder if it could take the sun.

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
The cowl is what I'm thinking of. When I worked we used a lot 3M spray adhesive when we had to put a plastic mylar on to a steel cylinder, when it had to come off it was a real problem to remove. It held on real good. I just wonder if it could take the sun.
I would think the 3M Spray Adhesive would be kinda lumpy looking. That stuff has a lot of texture when you apply it.

-Rick-

100cc
I would think the 3M Spray Adhesive would be kinda lumpy looking. That stuff has a lot of texture when you apply it.

I used it on offset printing press's, it had to be glass smooth. Maybe it was a special type. I know we just "dusted" it on, no build up.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I used it on offset printing press's, it had to be glass smooth. Maybe it was a special type. I know we just "dusted" it on, no build up.
Hmm. Must be different than the stuff I use to use for car audio builds. Of course we always applied a heavy coat for covering speaker boxes, amp racks and kick panels.