• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion subtrim for pattern plane

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Yes, I have the Osiris.. My problem is all of the servo horns...all the plastic 4 prongs are too small and the blue aluminum ones don`t align without some sub-trim. Birk, I guess I need an angle meter and set the plane up symmetrical as far as throws?

yes sir. angle meter is a valuable tool to have regardless. the 62 is a sweet plane, i really miss mine. hopefully my new 65 vyper will fulfill my non-competition straight line drawing need. let me know if you have any questions, but its pretty straight forward. equal throw in both directions will make it more axial in the air, which is definitely a must do for a plane as awesome as the osiris

mazjag

50cc
anybody have a link on the harbor freight ? I have the 47....Fairly happy with it ...It tracks ok...I had to shim the motor for the thrust line. Not as nice of a plane as my 51 slick..

mazjag

50cc
Thanks! I can honestly say if I had a digital one it wouldn`t make a difference ...I`m not that good..4 bucks I love it!

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
anybody have a link on the harbor freight ? I have the 47....Fairly happy with it ...It tracks ok...I had to shim the motor for the thrust line. Not as nice of a plane as my 51 slick..

i never touch any thrustlines on any 3dhs plane...along with some other manufacturers, they are jig built and the thrust line cant be off. ive found its usually CG that causes those problems, not thrust line.

mazjag

50cc
Maybe me...I had to add some right thrust. I`m pretty sure you can not say anything about 3hds planes without an uprising...

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Maybe me...I had to add some right thrust. I`m pretty sure you can not say anything about 3hds planes without an uprising...

thats not it at all. actually had a buddy that had a 68 velox that he thought had some serious thrust issues and added a couple degrees of thrust in it. me and another friend flew it and said it had something funky wrong with it....long story short, took out the shims, adjusted the CG, and it flew perfect. these airframes are built in a jig with interlocking parts...the odds of the thrust line being off compared to a simple setup issue are basically none

if you think it flies better with the thrust adjustment, thats all that really matters. but try messing around with CG and it may fly even better

gyro

GSN Contributor

Maybe not elsewhere, but here you can. Just stick to facts, personal experiences, and be prepared for a friendly discussion! :)

Nothing out there, 3dhs, EF, or anywhere else are perfect. But like rcbirk21 said, if you like it better with your adjustment, then rock on!

mazjag

50cc
Thanks, it was slight..2 little washers to add right thrust..My CG is fine...I don`t expect the planes to be perfect no matter who makes them...Almost all my planes are 3dhs as I just think they are the best ..thanks for the help on subtrim everybody..