• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Suggestions for shipping a large kit box?

BalsaDust

That will be a nice one to get to build then and give it a modern swing on things. A buddy has a 1/3 scale Lanier Giles that I wouldn't mind having.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I've built a few crates with 2x2's and 1/4" luan. I save all packaging peanuts, Styrofoam, etc and reuse it when I ship. Then I take it to Forward Air.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
thanks for another good suggestion.

i was able to get it all together today, arranged for FedEx to ship it and it will be here in time for my birthday in September! going to maiden the old/new one hopefully tomorrow and start making a list for how the new build will be better.

@Terryscustom might want to chime in with some airfoil suggestions but it's going to be more of an IMAC airplane so maybe the stock wing will be fine. i def think I'm going to ditch the molded plastic parts and do a built up turtledeck with maybe a fiberglas cowl but we'll see. first things first, have to get the other one flying tomorrow.