• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Switches for 30cc to 50cc

jwellsmusic

New to GSN!
I'm considering switches for a new 30cc and an existing 50cc plane. I don't 3d, mainly just fly for fun and some light IMAC practice. Both have dual batteries, one RX, one ignition. And yes, I know the tech aero will eliminate a battery.

I've read so much information my head is spinning, most guys get the Wolverine stuff and others have "their" brand, all pretty spendy (I can understand that). I see a lot of hate threads on Miracle switches (my 50cc currently has the generic version of this switch).

So what does the everyday gas 30cc-50cc flyer use on his plane? No right or wrong answer, just looking for feedback to aid in my indecision.

Cervelo

30cc
I'm building a new 35cc and going to try the booma switch couple of the guys I fly with really like them plus have dual batteries if one fails

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've used Badger, Wolverine and JR heavy duty on 50cc airplanes and have never had an issue. I'm considering the Booma Pin Flag switch for the scratch build project I've been working on just for the aesthetics on a scale type airplane.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Anyone that's using the Booma pin flag switch I have a question. Just looking at the pictures, I haven't bought one yet, it doesn't look like you could mount it in anything very thick. My fuselage is fully sheeted so it would have to mount into at least 3/32 if not an 1/8". The threads on the end don't look very long. What's been your experience with mounting it.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Anyone that's using the Booma pin flag switch I have a question. Just looking at the pictures, I haven't bought one yet, it doesn't look like you could mount it in anything very thick. My fuselage is fully sheeted so it would have to mount into at least 3/32 if not an 1/8". The threads on the end don't look very long. What's been your experience with mounting it.
Ran into this issue on my Sukhoi, not a booma, but SF pin flag. @emtp275 installed it, but once he drilled there wasn't enough threads to catch the nut thingy. We just glued it in flush, works nicely so far, no issues.

BalsaDust

I have you to put in my pau sukhoi. Will go look at it in just a minute and report back.