• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Team 3DRCF Jacob "3dbandit" Pollak

3dbandit

100cc
Thanks for the info. The HS-7950 is 450 oz of torque, a little overkill for a throttle right :)

Using a servo like a 7950 greatly reduces the chance of a servo failure. They take vibration VERY well, have lots of torque, pretty fast, and very durable.

I've found that these can handle slight binding a little bit better than other servos, and throttles tend to bind a little bit with airframe vibration.

Also, I've had an issue with smaller servos getting hot from the pressure of the carb spring.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
Using a servo like a 7950 greatly reduces the chance of a servo failure. They take vibration VERY well, have lots of torque, pretty fast, and very durable.

I've found that these can handle slight binding a little bit better than other servos, and throttles tend to bind a little bit with airframe vibration.

Also, I've had an issue with smaller servos getting hot from the pressure of the carb spring.
Since I had a brand new Hitec HS-5955TG sitting on the shelf, I used it for the throttle. It isn't quite as fast or strong as yours, but it's a good servo.

3dbandit

100cc
I did the maiden flight tonight; unfortunately there wasn't any one at the field who could video...

The plane flies VERY well. Good high speed characteristics, Snaps well, rolls clean, tracks straight. It has phenomenal low speed characteristics; a very low stall speed and high control surface authority close to stall.

I am very surprised how efficient the controls are. Although they are smaller than on other planes I have owned, they were equally as effective, and the plane didn't slow down with control surfaces deflected.
The 27x12th mejzlik prop I have on the plane is absolutely sick. Lots of pull, very fast...

It is very easy to get comfy with this plane. Within a few minutes I was comfortable flying fast and hard, down on the deck.

AKfreak

150cc
Congrats on the maiden! Is the roll rate fast enough for you? I know you are the King of fast rollers. I cant wait to see some clean vid of this plane in your hands. You also need a chest rig go pro pointed at your sticks (overlaid on the flight vid) so we can see what you do as you wring out the new plane.

3dbandit

100cc
Congrats on the maiden! Is the roll rate fast enough for you? I know you are the King of fast rollers. I cant wait to see some clean vid of this plane in your hands. You also need a chest rig go pro pointed at your sticks (overlaid on the flight vid) so we can see what you do as you wring out the new plane.

Fastest roll rate of any 100cc plane I've flown.

Video coming soon.