Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3D Compiliation -- Facts, How-to, Reference, & more!

Discussion in 'How To- 3D Flying and Aerobatics Flying' started by Kris..., Jun 17, 2013.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Well never seen this thread it looks like I have been missing out. Great thread hope it helps my 3D flying need all the help I can get.

stangflyer likes this.
  2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

You and me both brother.

stangflyer and Snoopy1 like this.
  3. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Maybe someone could help me figure out the name of this move...

Level flight, pull 45 upline, quarter roll (to knife edge), rudder input at the crest to create a 45 downline, quarter roll to inverted, push to level flight (on the deck!).

Usually a down on the deck, real crowd pleaser that I've been working on :) lots of precision and fun!

stangflyer likes this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Ok I have a question and need help. Hope I can describe it properly. The question is why does one do it and the other not and why.
    Description, flying along at about 1/4 throttle, straight and level. Pull up full elevator and the the plane almost rotates around the wing tube or makes very small loops. The second plane same kind of plane also a 3D machine same setup on the elevator I mean angle. When flying along at 1/4 throttle, pull full up elevator the rotates about 100 degrees and then just stalls. WHY. What needs to bone and changed to the second plane to make do very small tight loops.

5. bob_nj

bob_nj 70cc twin V2

The Vortex maneuver
    Daniel Holman debuted this in 2013 and it's still a nice maneuver

Any guidance on this from anyone?

Take care
    Bob

pawnshopmike, Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  6. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Ah yes...The Vortex. It has become quite common these days. You see that particular maneuver tossed in with lots of other high energy aerobatics. I like to watch people when they are really good and they mix it in on a routine with lots of other really cool maneuvers. The key to this (in my opinion) is a really light aircraft with lots of power and lots of rudder and elevator action. I have tried this many times with my older heavier airframes, but just can not quite get there like this. Supa-Tim and The Big Kahuna and many others are quite amazing to watch when they toss this in their little antic filled flights.

7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Like the manoeuvre will have to try this spring if only I can remember it from today.

stangflyer likes this.