• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

SnowDog

How bout dem Hawks!
This city got the best of me again... heading back to the burbs then back to Nashville! You flying today snowdog? I'm right down the road!

Sorry Josh, yesterday was my 28th wedding anniversary and I spent the day with my wife.
sorry I missed you.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
They probably got off easy, they had a 4-star pleading for leniency.

http://tbo.com/list/military-news/a...airport-landing-on-fatigue-human-error-614036

I'll say. They could not have had an ILS set because it would have been pegged to the left and glide slope way low. What was approach control doing.

I still can't believe they will get off that easy as fatigue is a big part of working in the military. B2's that made runs in Iraq flew crazy long missions from Missouri and had to bomb "the right target".

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'll say. They could not have had an ILS set because it would have been pegged to the left and glide slope way low. What was approach control doing.

I still can't believe they will get off that easy as fatigue is a big part of working in the military. B2's that made runs in Iraq flew crazy long missions from Missouri and had to bomb "the right target".

B2 guys use go/no-go's on those long hauls, the cargo guys don't because they get their min crew rest between sorties, and have an augmented crew.

Also, they likely cancelled IFR as soon as they "thought" they had the field in sight.

joshgluck

100cc
B2 guys use go/no-go's on those long hauls, the cargo guys don't because they get their min crew rest between sorties, and have an augmented crew.

Also, they likely cancelled IFR as soon as they "thought" they had the field in sight.

Thing I don't get is who were they talking to? I heard the field they landed at has no tower but doesn't the afb have a tower they would have been talking to?